I don't know how these blogs work yet but if I decide to go on a trip to Prudhoe Bay, AK then I will need to figure this out so I can post my adventure for family and friends. I don't even know if this is the best way to do that. I got a lot of time to figure it out. Not leaving until June 2013.
My only initial concern is the condition of the roads in the "North Country". The Dalton Highway alone is 75% gravel road. That is gonna take a heavy toll on Bl-Ray.
Total trip will be approximately 10,000 miles and take me 3 weeks to complete.
Key things to think about:
1. Stay Dry
2. Stay Warm
3. Stay Hydrated
4. Nourishment
5. Camping Equipment
6. Electronics/Communication
7. Bears
I have a lot of stuff already:
HD Video Cam
GPS
Satellite Radio
Complete Tool Kit/Tire Repair
Reda Gas Can
iPhone
Milepost
Tour Pak
Luggage
Full Face Helmet
Stuff I need to get:
Tent
Satellite Communicator (Spot Connect or DeLorme)
CB Radio
Headset
Additional 12volt outlets on bike
Center Stand?
Center Stand?
I am going to watch Shrug's video again. www.alaskapade.com I have to read that blog as well. A lot of good info in there.
Can't wait to read the Milepost.
Do I bring iPad?
I am gonna try to add a picture of bike to this.
Damn - I did it!
Do I ask to join www.alaskapalooza.com or go it alone. That is the question!
No comments:
Post a Comment